We’re hiring a talented sales professional to support Interference Technology and our other publications. Read more below! And if you’re interested, contact Graham Kilshaw at [email protected]
Title: Director of Business Development
ITEM Media (Publisher of Interference Technology), Philadelphia region, PA
- Competitive base plus commission
- Multiple attractive benefits package including remote working, car allowance, 4 weeks PTO
- 401K, Dental, Medical
- Employment Type: Full-Time
About ITEM Media:
ITEM Media is a growing digital marketing agency and media company for the electronics industry based in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, and with offices in Hong Kong and Tokyo. We publish two electronics engineering titles: Electronics Cooling and Interference Technology. For 40 years, ITEM Media has been the segment leader in these specialist areas and provides a unique digital marketing benefit to its clients due to its extensive experience and unique audience in the electronics space. We currently serve over 100,000 electronics engineering readers and over 150 marketing clients globally. To continue our growth, we are looking for a Director of Business Development to further develop our business.
This position will report to the President of ITEM Media. It will have the responsibility to drive the sales growth of the media business according to the business strategy. This role will be a key function within the management team and provide significant input into the business strategy.
- Be responsible for growth of media sales to a targeted group of customers. Reach or exceed the sales goals of the business for this group of customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, or quickly learn,the dynamics of the electronics industry including sales channels, marketing trends, influencers etc,
- Retain existing clients and obtain new clients.
- Monitor the sales metrics for media sales and learn to optimize sales skills to ensure that your time is being used effectively and efficiently.
- Develop strong relationships with both clients and colleagues and collaborate with the marketing team to ensure that company sales and marketing efforts are effective for current and prospective customers.
- Be able to explain complex digital media concepts and terminology to non-marketing professionals.
- Have strong presentation skills and follow up techniques including prompt communication with internal and external customers.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops for both marketing and the electronics industry, reviewing professional media, and participating in professional societies.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive. Available on Request.
- Commission structure based on sales development
- 401(k), Medical and Dental
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Proficient with CRM software andsales systems
- Familiar with common marketing tools – Google Analytics, AdWords,search, marketing automation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- US resident in possession of a valid passport
- Able to drive and possess a valid US driver’s license and car
- Travel: This position is anticipated to be approx. 75% office-based in Plymouth Meeting, PA.
Interested in learning more? Contact Graham Kilshaw at [email protected].