The Defense Spectrum Office has sponsored for many years, the Spectrum and EM Compliance Special Interest Area on the DAU’s Acquisition Community Connection (ACC) portal. This Community of Practice (CoP) serves as a platform to connect Spectrum and E3 Compliance practitioners from across multiple career fields, offering them a chance to talk, share, and acquire knowledge about key Spectrum and E3 topics.
However, the DAU has migrated their ACC knowledge portal to a SharePoint system necessitating registering for access to the DAU portal and then requesting to join the Spectrum and EM Compliance CoP. While you can still browse the material without becoming a member, by becoming a member, you can interact with the community in several ways.
The details of this registration process are:
- Click here to go to the DAU website.
- Select “Login Overview”
- Scroll down for “How do I Obtain a DAU Account?”
- Read the section “Community Resources (ACC/DAP/AAP/ACQuipedia)”
- If you do not already have an account, you must use the SAAR form to create one, unless you are a member of the Defense Acquisition Workforce. Assuming you’re not, fill out the SAAR and use “Access to the ACC Communities of Practice” and your reason for the request.
- If you are a member of the Defense Acquisition Workforce, you could register for a course through your organizations Training Application System (TAS). This is the first option on the FAQ Page under Virtual Campus. The SAAR is the second one under Community Resources.
Once your account is created, automated emails should be sent to you including the next steps to take. You will then need to go to DAU’s identity management site, where you will setup you password and reset password challenge questions to allow for self-service password resets going forward.
Once the account is all set up, go to the Spectrum and EM Compliance CoP page and click the blue “Join” button. All done!
Bottom line, you must have a DAU account to become a member. Seems like a bit of work at the beginning, but it is a one-time deal. And then you have full access to the benefits of CoP membership.